Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Trust in God: Like a Child Trusts His Parent

A Treasure Found

My toddler found some stickers while poking around in the garage. He excitedly showed me his find, waving the stickers in my face. He was even more thrilled when I nodded my approval that it was okay for him to use the stickers!

Help!

He began sticking his treasure onto an empty paper, but quickly became stuck. Some of the stickers were hard to remove from the backing. He gestured for help, and I began bending the page under a sticker to make it come up.

Realizing that this was going to require my bending the page for every single sticker, I quickly thought of an alternate plan. I picked up the whole page of stickers, and began to lift the outline sticker off the sheet. This way he would be able to pull the stickers away with ease.

Hey! What are you doing?

As I took the page of stickers, I expected my toddler to protest. After all, he had no idea what my intention was, even if I did. He might have thought that I was taking the stickers away!

However, my little munchkin did not cry, whine, or whimper even one bit! He trusted that I was going to help him, and waited patiently until I returned the sheet of stickers to his eager hands.

Bitachon

I could not help but marvel in awe at the trust my child displayed in me! I thought to myself, This is the kind of trust I should have in my Creator! My toddler knows that I help him all the time, and he trusted me this time too - even if it seemed to be otherwise. Hashem helps me all the time too - and I must trust Him - even when on the surface His good intentions might not be obvious!

No comments:

Post a Comment